Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

i got your back ;)


I'm so excited to be re-entering the blog world! A couple months ago when I said I was re-entering the blog world I feel off the blog bandwagon pretty quick- I think bc of my little Clo girl- but I'm back- and so happy to be back! I love blogging! It gives me an excuse to sit down and document my life, share fun and favorite finds and ideas, reflect on life, connect with others etc. etc.! I have big plans for this little blog...and although my posting my be sporadic- like 3 posts in one day then maybe a few days skipped here and there- I do hope to blog at least 2-3 times a week now...now that I am already re-entering the real world- because all us mommies know that once you have a baby you kind of hibernate for a bit and then slowly re-enter the world ;) Anyway- I feel like I'm back- and SO happy to be back!!



Up above are a few new pictures from another wonderful photographer- Satcia Shaw. She shared these beauties with me and I wanted to share them with you. More of her work will be popping up throughout our shop in the very near future so keep an eye out... You can see more of Satcia's work at www.StaciaShaw.com

So...because I am now again a nursing mom aka human cow, I spend A LOT of time watching TV, because let's be honest, what else are you gonna do while nursing (I know there are those over achiever types who like to reply to emails etc. which I don't know how in the world anyone does anything but stare at their beautiful baby or watch TV but that's just me)- anyway, I have been watching pretty much every show udder the sun- my favorites- Martha Stewart, Oprah, Giada at Home, Barefoot Contessa, Modern Family, Food Revolution with Jamie Oliver, I could go on. When Chloe has one of those nights where she just won't go back to sleep and is up for an hour or more in the night I just say to myself, "at least I can watch Modern Family or _______ (insert favorite show of the day here). " Anyway- I thought I'd share my *good fortune* being the TV junkie that I now am with you all...



So, up above is a little snap shot of some of the yummy treats you can find recipes at one of my new favorite food blogs (click on the picture and it will take you to the blog- or here). I found this blog via Martha- she had this author on her show showing us all how to make the darling rainbow cake below. One day when I get up the energy I too will make this cake- for now I just had to share the cute cake- maybe someone out there is planning a rainbow party for their little girl...?? THIS would be the perfect cake! Her recipe has you make the cake from scratch- I assure you that if I ever make this cake I will bag the whole *from scartch* part and make it using a boxed white cake mix and just dye it ;) Click here for the cake recipe ;)

A few other things I found while I was getting the recipes from Martha's website...cute Mother's Day gift ideas.
*Little Mini treat bags click here for details
a variety of labels for all sorts of hand made projects (I LOVE labels!!) click here
and then another idea I LOVED that you could also do for Mother's day- these hand dyed beads. They showed how to do it on the show- it was super easy and these necklaces are DARLING- the whole project cost maybe $3.00 and I think these necklaces in tons of colors would be great for summertime!! Click here for details
Another great mother's day gift idea- a flower arranging kit- who wouldn't love to have all the tools you need to create a great flower arrangement at the drop of a hat!? Click here for details
Another great idea- Photo gift toppers- SOO cute- what mother or grandmother wouldn't LOVE this!- So simple- so easy! Click here

Last but not least- making darling little candles in cute tea cups- such a great idea! I am ALL about candles!! LOVE them LOVE them! I've seen some darling, really inexpensive tea cups at places like TJ Max, Ross, Target etc.- and then you can print customized tags here on MarthStewart.com
Anyway- Just wanted to let everyone know- I've got you covered when it comes to TV- I think I will start posting the highlights from all of my TV watching on this here blog on a regular basis- that way all you non-nursing moms won't miss out on a thing! ;) Get ready form some recipes from Ina (Barefoot Contessa) and Giada next ;) OH- AND- for my public service announcement of the day- if you are not already a regular watcher of Modern Family on ABC- it's on Wednesday Nights- and it is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!! Laugh out loud- slap your knee hilarious! PLEASE do yourself a favor and watch ;) It's what gets me through a lot of late nighters with my little Clo girl ;)

4 comments:

That Girl said...

Hey lady - it's Becky Watson. Just found you through my friend Google - love the blog! I might request that cake for Mother's Day. But I'm thinking my chances are not too good ....

just jen said...

you are so cute...and your taste is impeccable. i love your hair stuff, and the blogging!

whisk-kid said...

Thanks for the shout out! This is a wonderful collection of stuff :)

stace said...

thanks for the shout out!! So fun to see my work (and yours) displayed!