Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Schools Out!!!......

Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares
Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair
Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Spinach and Brie Chicken with Tomato Orzo
Fast Chicken Fajitas
I can't believe SUMMER is officially here!! Wow!! That year went by fast! My oldest, Kaitlyn, is officially no longer a kindergartner!! I of course cried all through her *performance* at her last day of school/promotion celebration today! Although I am a bit scared to now be back in charge of planning Kaitlyn's day and making sure she has plenty to do to keep her busy- I am very excited!! I was writing in my journal last night and thought I should come up with a list of goals/things I want to do with Kaitlyn this summer. Most of the items consisted of things like go to the beach, go to the pool, children's museum, family vacations etc.- but I want to make sure Kaitlyn knows that summer is not only about play. Although it will be mostly play and fun- I also really want to take the time to teach her things- like cook with her more, teach her how to really clean certain things now that she is old enough to understand and take the time to really talk about life in general and what kind of person she should want to become etc. I have BIG plans- now let's just hope I stick to them!! I will return and report throughout the summer- you all can be the people I am accountable to ;)
So- part of that list of things I want to do is cook with Kaitlyn (and Carson) more and have more family dinners. Good 'ol reliable Martha came through with many new recipes lately. Some I found on the show and some at her site. You can click on the words or pictures above to get these yummy recipes- these are some of my favorites. ALSO- if you are not already a subscriber to Everyday Food magazine- hop on over to their site and sign up NOW (or click here)!! It is hands down the best recipe magazine out there- the pictures are amazing- the recipes are very clear, easy and well laid out- this little book inspires me to cook every single time it arrives in my mailbox- it is my little kick in the pants to keep trying new recipes and keep cooking- even when I feel like I'd rather eat out. Another food magazine I actually REALLY love too- Rachel Ray's magazine- Every Day with Rachel Ray- they have wonderful recipes too!! Very well laid out- great photos- another great magazine to get you inspired.
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer or soon to be summer!! I hope to get pictures from South Carolina posted over on my other blog today also...and I hope to also get a lot of pictures I have been receiving from many AMAZING photographers posted back on this blog soon as well!!
TTFN!
Lindsay

1 comment:

stace said...

love Everyday Foods...I have been a subscriber for half a decade now!!