Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back to the whirlwind!!

 After leaving life as I know it behind for several days and then coming back last night, I realize even more how crucial this little vacation with Mike, away from regular life, away from kids was.  On the plane trip home last night I felt like I almost couldn't go one more minute without seeing my kids.  It was the perfect amount of time away where I didn't miss them too much, but as soon as the last day hit, I felt like seeing them was like getting oxygen, dramatic, I know, but true...

Since we don't live close to much family, we have our kids with us ALWAYS.  We don't leave them all that often for vacations.  When we go on trips, it's all of us.  We do have the occasional 2 maybe 3 day trips, but it's been awhile since it's been a whole week without the kids.  Bottom line, we are used to having them by our sides ALWAYS...and we love it, despite the days where you feel like you just can't go on, we can't imagine it any other way.  I am a regular mom who truly adores her kids, naughtiness and all and Mike is the type of dad who literally looks forward to coming home every night after work and just snuggling with them on the couch or wrestling with them on the floor.  We both adore our kids, so leaving them, although a necessary break, is tough towards the end of a trip like this and for sure is the best part about coming home!
 I quickly loaded all 500 pictures from my camera into my computer.  I wish I had more time to go through them and share them right now, but today is oldest daughter Kaitlyn's 7th birthday...so I need to finish prepping for a neighborhood birthday party and getting back into the swing of things around here...for now- I'll share a few though (I can't wait to share some things I discovered later though)

The first picture up above is us driving down the roads of South Beach- loved this area- so upbeat, so full of diversity (something I wish we had more of in Arizona!)! 

Our first day was amazing!  Mike and I went with Mike's brother and sister in law- they were perfect traveling companions!!  Mike and his brother spent the first day on the golf course while Stephanie and I relaxed at the Ritz Carlton Spa- the perfect way to settle into a relaxing vacation!  The picture above is the view from the Cantina where we dined after our massages!  Gorgeous views, beautiful ambiance!

 I ordered these chicken roll up taquitos- divine...and we shared homemade, fresh guacamole...perfection!  The boys joined us for more at this cantina when they finished their round of golf.  We enjoyed watching the sun set and the perfectly peaceful surroundings as the candles lit the area.
 We checked into our main hotel, the new Marriott villas in Palm Beach...amazing!!  It was a brand new hotel and we were on the 19th floor!  We had literally a 270 degree ocean view since we were on the corner and water surrounded us in every direction!  Down below you can see where we spent many of our days, just sitting and relaxing under beautiful umbrellas in the gorgeous white sand...and the water- amazing too!  Crystal clear and blue- I didn't realize the Bahamas were only 53 miles off the coast from where we were!



So...as great as it was, as relaxing as it was, as much as I loved it, and as crazy as life is back here at home, I am HAPPY to be home!

There is a LOT going on at Banner Boutique that I am anxious to share with you, A LOT more fun pictures I would love to share...so many things swirling around in my head I can't wait to post here on the BB blog...but for now, I need to finish getting ready for my sweet girl Kaitlyn's seventh birthday...how did that happen!!??

XOXO, Lindsay

3 comments:

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Welcome home, love!

Colleen said...

I'm jealous. Looks like an absolutely amazing, relaxing, beautiful trip. As much as I love my kids, your pictures inspire me to do the same with my husband. I can definitely relate to your feelings about going away so, welcome home! Happy 7th Birthday to your daughter Kaitlyn. It's also my youngest daughter's 1st birthday, Addison - the one I buy all your beautiful accessories for :-)

Lindsay Banner said...

Thank you Kim- and thank you Colleen!! You DO have to just bite the bullet and get away sometimes!! It's SOOO worth it...it helps you remember why you married your mate!! ;)