Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Halloween Ideas for Kids!


From top left, clockwise: Via Here, Here, Here and Here
 
 This is my son Carson's first year in a *formal* classroom setting.  He attends kindergarten prep...he goes for 3 hours a day and I think it's the perfect fit for my sweet 4, almost 5 year old boy.  As far as my kids are concerned, there really is a difference between girls and boys!!  Kaitlyn was ready to hit the ground running in kindergarten both academically and socially by the age of 3.  Carson on the other hand, let's just say I hope he's ready by the age of 5 (almost 6) when he starts next year.  Needless to say, kinder prep is a very good thing for my 150% all boy, BOY!  I have loved watching him grow and learn this year...and I love the times when I get to go into his class and help.

So...tomorrow I have a meeting with his teacher and some of the other parents to plan Carson's class Halloween party!  I've had the opportunity to be room mom before for Kaitlyn's classes...so we are planning to do 4 or 5 little stations comprised of crafts, games and food.  I gathered some new ideas on (you guessed it) Pinterest to add to my arsenal of Halloween-kid-friendly activities.  Thought I'd share them with you...
Via Here
 The kids always seem to LOVE any type of treat making.  I thought it would be fun to do maybe one treat activity for them to eat at the party and then maybe one treat activity for them to pack up and bring home to share with their family.
Top Via Here, Bottom Via Here
 There are so many simple yet tasteful crafts that I think the kids would really enjoy..things that won't require to much expense or time!
From top left, clockwise via Here, Here, Here and Here
 And I'm always a sucker for cute garland!  I thought his teacher might have fun letting the kids make a garland together that they could use to decorate their room- it would be a fun class projectt that they could all be proud of!
Via Here

Via Here
And what's a Halloween party without the dooughnut game!?  This game is my kids' favorite game!!  Always a hit for sure!!

So what are your plans with your kids for Halloween??  Anyone having a party...?  Anyone else helping to plan a class party!!?? :)

Oh, and one more thing...be sure to check in here at the blog tomorrow!!  I have some VERY special guests that I'm EXCITED to introduce you to!!

XOXO, Lindsay

No comments: