Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Thursday, September 29, 2011

never, never, never, ever, give up!



Via
Today my house looked nothing like this (above)...

Via
 My office most certainly did not look like this.
Via
 Even the desk in the kitchen looked nothing like this.
Via
 I'm suffering from what's called "post vacation reality/just launched a new website/children with no school today/manager Amy is leaving on vacation/Chloe is teething like crazy/the baby in my tummy is huge and sucks all my energy" situation.

It got so bad today that I just had to sit down for a minute and gather up some things/pictures to encourage me to not only keep going, but keep going strong!!
Via
 As much as I would like to start each day like the lady pictured above, the reality is, I do not.  I do, however, try very hard to eat healthy for the most part and I do stay pretty active just by default of having young children and a crazy business.
Via
 Eating and living healthfully is not quite as easy as it was when we were all infants.  Most of us aren't satisfied drinking a perfect blend of nutrients all day, every day.
Via
 It takes a little more effort now that we aren't infants.
Via
 The baby growing in my belly right now feels as if he's already 10 pounds.  This makes most everything in life (other then swimming) a lot more challenging.  My energy seems to wane almost as soon as my feet hit the floor each morning lately.  For this reason, I feel like I need to step up the *healthy eating* even more so to get through these last 2 months.
Via
 So, I gave myself 10 minutes on Pinterest today to pull together an inspiration board full of healthy eating recipes, tips, advice and motivation.  I did the same for organization...because it's going to take a LARGE amount of organization, energy and health to get through these next few months with baby #4 arriving soon, Banner Boutique being extra nuts during the holidays...and life in general as I know it!
Via
 Sometimes a little visual inspiration goes a long way with me.  It has the ability to change my tired, overwhelmed mood to a happy, energetic, *I can do this* type of attitude.
Via
 Pinterest helped me do just that today.
Via

Via
 So instead of sharing more pictures from my vacation (that already seems like a distant memory), I thought I'd share some of my *finds* on Pinterest first ;)
Via
 I'm happy to report, these images and words helped me to not only finish out this day, but finish strong!!  It also made me realize that low energy and a bit of a bad attitude are two things I can totally handle- and change!!  Life is good!  Life is very good!!  I am a grateful girl...and I'm even excited to do it all again tomorrow...because I am grateful for the simple gift of even having a tomorrow!!
Via
So if you ever have *one of those days*, like I had today...feel free to take a look at some of the pictures I've gathered on Pinterest.  Maybe they will help lift your mood!?  Or maybe you can make a board on Pinterest too and share it with me!!??

XOXO, Lindsay

PS- just a reminder, the $5.00 shipping ends tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

I needed this!! Thanks!

Lindsay Banner said...

Oh good!! You and me both Kathleen!! ;)