Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

TODAY is a gift!

Click HERE for details about the SALE

My Family Dec 2010, Photography by www.SierraStudiosPhotography.com
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."-author unknown 


So...I was supposed to be finishing up the sharing of pictures from our San Clemente trip...well, life happens, plans change, things get busy-right? :)  I promised myself that if I did start blogging on a more committed/more regular basis I would need to blog from the heart.  I felt very strongly that I needed to be prayerful about what I share on this blog each and every day, whether it be things about the business, family vacations, thoughts about life in general- it may sound a little cheesy, but I kind of made a deal with my Heavenly Father that I would let Him guide me- even on something as trivial as this blog might be.
 
Yesterday I called up my friend Judy, the friend that we were in San Clemente with just this past weekend.  I called to just check in with them, make sure they made it home safely...and maybe just complain a little bit to her about how much laundry and piles of sand were staring me in the face and how sad I was to leave the perfect beach weather.  When I called her- right before I was about to lay into all my trivial complaints she said, "Did you hear what happened to Jeff (her husband)?"  My heart sunk and I said "No, you're scaring me, what happened?" 
 
Long story short, Jeff was doing a routine maintenance project at their house which out of the blue went awry and hurt him pretty severely in the face causing him to have to go to the ER and is now looking at several months before a full recovery.  Of course, Judy being the girl I know her to be (this is why we love them so much), she immediately said, "Lindsay, it could have been so much worse!  We are so grateful he is going to make a full recovery and things were not any worse then they are!" 
 
I have not been able to stop thinking about them and about the simple fact that life really is so short and fragile!  No matter how on top of the world we may feel, no matter how normal and routine our lives may be, things can change in the blink of an eye.  This is something I forget all too often!  I get going every morning with my mile long to do list and easily find myself grumpy or complaining about all the laundry or errands etc. etc. that need to be done- instead of remembering that each and every day truly is a gift- whether it's full of mundane chores or a trip to Disneyland- it's all a valuable, wonderful gift!!
 
So- with that- I am off to finish a few last minute preparations for my sweet friend Kim and her Thanksgiving photo shoot today!!  I hope to get back to finishing up those pictures...possibly tonight...possibly tomorrow?? :)  I am going to treasure this day- no matter what though!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Love your post! It is so true! I must stop myself sometimes and remind myself how fortunate we are each and every day. My nephew was just diagnosed with a brain tumor and I live about as far away from my sister as possible. My heart is aching for her. I make sure to stop and just enjoy my children every day and thank God for all the blessings that I have been given! There are so many!

Mama T said...

Hi Lindsay - what a wonderful reminder of all we have to be grateful for and that each day is truly a gift from God. Love reading your blog... I'm a customer and a fan - and my baby looks so fabulous in all her pretty headbands from Banner Boutique! Thank you!

Lindsay Banner said...

Hi Erin and Mama T! Erin, my heart breaks for you- I am close with my sister and I cannot imagine the pain of living far away during a time like that- I will keep you and her in my prayers. Mama T, thank you so much for your sweet thoughts- and so happy we can compliment your darling daughter!! ;) Enjoy your days both of you!! ;) XOXO

Melissa said...

Lindsay, I so know what you mean! I woke up in the middle of the night a week ago with this inspiration: I was not put on earth to see how much I can get done. I was put on earth to see how much I can love." When I get so caught up in all I have to do, I try to remember that at the end of it all, God is not going to look at my to-do list and say, "Good job! You got everything done!" He's going to look at my heart and see how much I loved :)

Lindsay Banner said...

LOVE that Melissa!! SO, so true!! XOXO