Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Monday, October 24, 2011

An attitude of gratitude!


Via
 I'm excited to finally have a chance to sit down and do an actual blog post!  After fall break and the craziness of field trips etc. etc. last week, this little blog didn't get the attention it deserves ;)
Via
 When I re-committed myself to writing more regularly on this blog, I decided the content would be focused not only on keeping our wonderful customers up to date about Banner Boutique happenings, but also a place where our customers could get to know the real person behind Banner Boutique.  Each time I sit down to write a post, I try to think about what is most on my mind, and although any blog author will tell you, you can't always be a completely open book due to the privacy of others, I do like writing about what is most on my mind and on my heart.
Via
 These past few weeks have brought about a lot of opportunities for change.  Change is an interesting thing.  All in all, I think change is most often a VERY good thing.  I look back on my life and realize that almost every single time a big change entered into my life, A LOT of good came with it.  The only problem, change is hard.
Via
 At first, I didn't like all this talk of change.  It made me uncomfortable, anxious, uneasy.  I was having a hard time holding onto a good attitude at times.  Sometimes change isn't a welcome thing we are grateful for until all the decisions are made and everything falls into place.  Sometimes it's easier to just wish things were a certain way and grumble about it...like I have at times.  Although I can't yet go into details about all this change I'm speaking of (so annoying, I know), I will say that it has also caused me to really reflect on the many things I am grateful for in life!  Remembering to be grateful throughout this decision making process sure does help!  Remembering that no matter what, I am grateful for my family, for my health, for the opportunity to be living on this earth, for the opportunity to serve, for the ability to provide food, shelter and clothing for my family with my husband, for the wonderful, kind, caring husband that I have... and so on...this truly helps me to relax and know that all will be well, and eventually we will know what answers are right for our family...and once again, it will all fall into place if we patiently seek for and pray about what the right answers are!
Via
 I am anxious to share with you all of the decisions going on around here...some have to do with our family, some with Banner Boutique...all of them are exciting...and due to the privacy of others involved, I can't quite share it all...but I do know it will all be good in the end!
Via
 So for now...I am going to keep focusing on all of my many blessings, and instead of letting myself get overwhelmed with the many decisions that lie ahead, I am going to remind myself to be grateful that I get to make decisions!!
Via
PS- I saw this cute wreath (along with all the above quotes) on Pinterest (surprise)!  There are no direction attached to the link- but it looks so easy and straight forward- what a great idea!!  I think I need to go make one right now!... ;)

XOXO, Linidsay

No comments: