Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Keep Calm and SERVE On...


Picture found HERE
As I near the end of this pregnancy, prepare for child number 4, try to keep my house in some sort of order, go through all of the growing pains of having a new website, try to encourage and support my husband in his career AND 18 credit hours he is taking this semester at ASU etc. etc., I was reminded this morning of the incredible blessings we can receive when we choose to serve. 
Picture found HERE
 When we have a lot on our plates, it is very easy to make excuses of why we don't have time to serve or "I'll do it later when I have more time" or "I'll let someone else do the service" etc. etc.  This morning was no exception.  I had a list of excuses a mile long of why I didn't have time to serve.  Instead, my family and I woke up early, on a Saturday morning, piled into the car, and gave service.  It was wonderful.  It was rewarding.  It gave me the feeling of peace I had been missing these past few days amongst the chaos of everyday life.
Picture found HERE
I truly believe that when you take the time to serve, you are doing His work, the Lord's work.  You are doing something He would do himself if He were here in person.  When you serve someone, ANYone, you are directly serving Him, because anyone you are serving is His child.

I challenge you (as well as myself) to integrate more service into your life.  I promise you, there is no way you can deny the benefits, the uplifting feelings that abound when you truly serve.

I am so grateful for opportunities to serve!  There are endless opportunities all around us!  It doesn't always have to be something overly extraordinary, sometimes the small and simple things mean the most, like being a friend to someone who needs a friend, writing a note to someone you are thinking about, taking dinner to a mom who could maybe use a night off from cooking...you get the idea!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend...and maybe we can all slip in one more act of service this weekend!!??

XOXO, Lindsay

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Aha, you must be LDS too! How fun to find LDS bloggers. Yes, service changes us doesn't it, especially when our lives are the hardest and the most full! I love the the thought that we love Him because He first loved us!