Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Friday, April 6, 2012

4 months already!!??

 This baby boy of mine is already 4 months today!  I find myself going back and forth between savoring these baby moments, never wanting them to end, wondering for for sure for sure, 100%, can I can truly commit to never ever having a small babe again, to looking forward to the future of having *big kids* and hopefully less messes, less sleepless nights, more *big kid* adventures.
 Mike and I have been granted a very big blessing.  A blessing that not everyone is lucky enough to have, I know, because I have watched numerous friends and family struggle with infertility, miscarriage, and all types of heart break regarding the miracle of giving birth to babies.  Mike and I have been lucky enough to have 4 healthy pregnancies (although this last one wasn't the easiest), and 4 successfull, smooth deliveries.  Although all of my births have been via c-section, all went very, very smoothly.  For this, I am beyond grateful.  What a blessing!
 I never shared any of Kellan's birth story- so here it is in a nutshell:
We arrived at the hospital early in the morning...just like all my other deliveries.
 Mike changed into his scrubs while they put my IV's in and prepped me for surgery.  We had the nicest, sweetest nurses and doctors.  I have to say, although I don't know any different, having c-sections is kinda nice as far as I'm concerned.  I know I don't really have a choice, but I like the whole scheduling and planning part of it, I like having 14 doctors/nurses/assistants in the room during the birth- it makes me feel like everything will be taken care of even if something goes wrong.
 Mike is SOOO out of the loop when it comes to *regular births*, so much so that he asked the nurse what this mirror is for while we were waiting to go into the OR in a regular delivery room ;)
 Because all of my births have been c-section, I don't have many photos of the actual birth because Mike refuses to move away from his chosen position of hiding behind the curtain and stays right next to my head.  He has no desire to see what's going on on the other side of the blue drape.  Since I had a feeling this might be my last baby, I asked the nurses to take pictures- they were SOOO kind and took BOTH of my cameras and snapped away all throughout the birth- I have tons of pictures!  They are pretty graphic but I LOVE having them- this was the first time I could see the birth from beginning to end because in a c-section you are strapped to the table and so I can't ever see what's going on over there.  Now I know ;)
He came out screaming, just like all the others!  My eyes always, without fail, fill with tears of happiness and joy as I watch the nurses wipe him off, check his vitals and hand him to dad.  What a true miracle these babies are!  How blessed I am to have been given 4!


Happy 4 month birthday Kellan Michael Banner!

No comments: