Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Easter House

 It seems that whenever I have a young baby in the house, which means sleepless nights, I'm not always so good at getting each holiday's decorations up in a timely manner.  Sometimes they don't go up at all.  As my kids get older though, I can see how excited they get to see the holiday decorations, so even though we only have a week until Easter, I finally finished taking the last of the Valentines decor down and quickly put up the Easter decor before Easter is over.
 I love peaking at different people's houses to see how they decorate.  I have lists and lists of things I want to make/buy for my *ultimate* holiday decor...for now though, we decorate using mostly things we get on clearance after the holiday is over...then it's like Christmas when we open up each holiday box from the garage to see what we have to work with and remember the deals we scored a year earlier! ;)
 These eggs were scored at Pottery Barn last year after Easter for $1.99 for the set of 4 ;)
 This little gem is actually out as my year round decor- it's a darling ceramic berry basket from Anthropologie- I picked it up when Mike and I went on vacation in Florida last year.
 This is my *Holiday Hutch*- I like to decorate it based on the season...
 The little boy on the sheep was a clearance item from TJ Maxx last year for $4.00 ;)
 The big green wreath in the background- one of the MANY treasures I've picked up at TaiPan- if you haven't been there- run, don't walk!
 The cute little wire display rack- also a Tai Pan score- only $10.99


 Although I struggle with wanting to keep all the colors and theme matchy matchy throughout the house, the kids insisted on decorating the dining table with BRIGHT Easter colors last night for Sunday dinner- it's so fun to see what their little decorating heads come up with- credit be to Kaitlyn for the table- and Target for the pails, place mats, tumblers and eggs.
 The cute little chickie place card holders were another clearance score from Pottery Barn


And that's as far as we got this year!  Happy almost Easter!

XO,
Lindsay

No comments: