Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Mother Bandera!

 HOLY COW holy cow holy cow!!!  I just made the yummiest sandwich and I must say...I'm pretty impressed with myself...well, not really, let me back up a bit.  I have this favorite restaurant, it's called Bandera.  I frequent the one in Scottsdale and Newport Beach...they have other locations as well- everything on the menu is exquisite!  Last week we went to my favorite restaurant and I had a sandwich similar to this one pictured above.  The difference between mine and theirs is 1.) they put cole slaw on theirs, something which I wasn't willing to take the time to make (which is why I call it the "Mother Bandera" bc it's mother friendly by saving you time 2.) they put cilantro on theirs, something I didn't have on hand 3.) I put bacon on mine- they obviously don't realize everything is better with bacon- either way though- theirs is to die for- and after tasting my knock-off, I love this version as well.  Another reason for making this sandwich- I had a gigantic pork roast from Costco that needed to be cooked up before it went bad- because I was short on time I just threw it in the crock pot and poured a bottle of BBQ sauce, chopped up a couple onions, and let it cook on low for about 8 hours.  I was then left with this:
 a HUGE bowl full of BBQ pulled pork.
 So I buttered and toasted up some hoagie rolls...
 then piled up some of the BBQ pulled pork (which I added a little fresh BBQ sauce to after cooking)...
 then topped it with provolone cheese, and topped the other side with bacon and provolone, then put it into the oven at 450 degrees for 2 minutes..
 then I sliced up some Avocado and added some dill pickles when it got out of the oven...
 and ended up with this!!
I had Jen and Jeni who were in the Banner Boutique studio come and try it out to make sure I wasn't thinking this was some fabulous sandwich and it really wasn't.  They confirmed it was beyond fabulous.  I'm pretty excited about this bc I haven't "invented" a recipe for awhile...I'm off to go make another...

1 comment:

Btrflywmn said...

Looks so good, thanks for sharing