Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

one of the hardest weeks for us moms...

 I didn't get it when my kids were young.  I didn't get why or how mom's with school aged children acted like they were so busy, as if they were running ragged, especially the last week or two leading up to summer vacation.  I get it now.  I realllllly get it.

These past two weeks have been nuts.  We have had 1 or 2  performances, field trips, special projects due, graduation ceremonies etc. every single day these past two weeks- and I only have one child in 2nd grade and one in kinder-prep- the other 2 don't even go to school.  Needless to say, when it came time to start gathering something together to thank all the numerous teachers we needed to thank, I didn't even have the energy to print anything creative off of Pinterest- it was all I could do to grab a bouquet of flowers and put some candy in a tin pail from target with a gift card and call it good.
 As us mom's run around like crazy people, I think we all are also trying to make some final plans/come up with enough ideas to become chief cruise director/entertainment captain for the next two months to all of our children who have been so used to being entertained/engaged all day (or at least half the day) for the past school year- a feeling that wreaks some sort of panic on us moms that also have babies and toddlers to juggle as well.  I'll be honest, other then a few trips we have tentatively planned, I'm only prepared as far as my pin board titled "fun things for kids"....let's hope that pin board gets us through the hours that we don't spend at the pool!
 Something I am looking forward to that I just now took a peek at on the internet (pictures from here)...
 my mini get a way to this hotel for a few days with my husband, friends and brother and sister in law starting Thursday.
 When I looked it up on the internet and saw these pictures of the resort I was so excited to see how quaint and relaxing it looks...
 exactly what a tired mom who's husband has been traveling and working long hours needs to start the summer!
 I really hope that yellow bike is sitting in front of my room waiting for me...all I care about is a nice soft comfy bed where I can sleep and read and prepare myself for the summer that lies ahead...
 supposedly the rooms are clustered into groupings of four where you share a smaller pool with only 3 other rooms...fun, quaint! :)
 I plan on dawning my extra large brimmed sun hat and reading my little heart out on this chair right here...
 I hope this resort is half as nice as these pictures...I will have to let you know...
until then, hang in there moms...you can do it- for many of you this is the last week- and some of you the last week is looming ahead...we can do this!!

No comments: