Welcome! Pull up a chair and chat with us about motherhood, being a business owner, favorite recipes and life in general!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

San Clemente...the final installment; Some favorite spots


This is the last post in a series of posts that have taken me several months to complete ;)  You can check out the post before this for the links to the rest of our San Clemente trip posts...
 One of my favorite places to eat while in Orange County- Pacific Whey Cafe!  They have several locations throughout Orange County.  I LOVE to eat breakfast there- but the more I eat there- the more I realize I love ALL their menus- breakfast, lunch and dinner ;)  Pacific Whey is located fairly close to the Newport Villas that I talked about here...we go to Pacific Whey quite a bit every time we stay at the Villas.

 their bakery items- divine!!

 above- pacific whey cafe- where the girls dined...while the boys went to an Angels game!  Even the hutch that holds their ketchup and mustard bottles etc. is cool...
  I had the avocado and bacon omlette meal...simply to die for- you MUST try this!!
 Kaitlyn had the mac and cheese- DIVINE as well!

 Right next door is one of my favorite home decor stores, Jux-ta-pos-i-tion...in LOVE with this store.  They have an eclectic mix of home decor, one of a kind pieces, everything from gorgeous coffee table books to one of a kind vintage pieces from France...I mostly just drool over everything...
 the day we were there was a holiday so the store was unfortunately closed...so I just had to window shop and snap a few pictures through the window :(







 next stop, the Rainbow outlet- a must when you're in San Clemente!

 Kaitlyn picked out some rhinestone studded pink ones...
 we got these cute ones for Clo- please excuse the iPhone pics at this point...
 Carson got black, and I got tan
 Chloe was pretty excited about her pair!
 That afternoon we headed down to the beach for a little R and R- had to include this picture...
 another FAVorite spot where we grabbed lunch: Wahoos- another Orange County MUST!!
 That night, Kaitlyn and I met up with my SIL Stephanie and niece at Farrells- another place I LOVE!  I grew up going to one down in San Diego- I was so excited when they opened a location in OC.
 Kaitlyn ordered the ice cream nachos- divine- broken up pieces of waffle cone with 3 choices of ice cream, hot fudge, camel, whipped cream, nuts and a cherry- delish!! 


                                 
 the girls loved the balloon twister guy...
 they also loved the candy shop at the front of the store...some more gorgeous iPhone pics ;)

 my last favorite place to go which I've mentioned before on this blog: Avila's El Ranchito- the BEST Mexican food on Earth!!
I am unusually pretty adventurous with my ordering of food when I go out to eat- except when I go to El Ranchito- I have the Avila's Chicken and Rice soup with a crunchy shredded beef taco- simply delish!!  Possibly the meal I would choose to have for my last supper is I was on death row- I'm just sayin, not that I would actually be on death row, you know what I mean- Ok, that's it folks, we've reached the end of the road on the San Clemente trip finally!  Hope you enjoyed our little adventure!

No comments: